Tuesday, June 19, 2007

WELCOME!


Welcome to the online novena to our Mother of Perpetual Help. My hope is to provide a place in the blogsphere where we can come together to pray for one another's needs and intentions through the intercession of Mary the Mother of God under the title of Mother of Perpetual Help.

Still in development, this blog will be a place to find a weekly sermon as well as a place to share intentions and thanksgivings. I'm still not sure how this will work, but I wanted to get it started before the feast of Our Mother of Perpetual Help on June 27. Please bear with me as this is my first attempt at blogging.

The most important thing we can do is pray for one another, the Church, and the world through our Lady's intercession. To that end, the second post will be the traditional version of the three main Novena Prayers. Feel free to save them to your own computer and/or print them out for your use. These prayers were adapted by the Redemptorists from prayers of their great founder, Saint Alphonsus Liguori, which can be found in his well-known Glories of Mary.

May our Mother of Perpetual Help keep you always close to the Heart of her Son.

Fr. Scott Bailey, C.Ss.R.

3 comments:

beez said...

Thank you for this site, Father. As someone about to enter the seminary, I find myself seeking ways to entreat the Blessed Mother's intercession. I understand that Mary, under the title "Our Lady of Perpetual Help" is the recourse of all seminarians.

Adoro said...

Thank you for this site. I fell in love with OLPH several months ago, and since that time, 2 icons have come into my hands; one which I finally found on Mother's day in our parish gift shop, adn the second, a gift from a friend. She got it from the church in Rome, had it blessed by Pope Benedict XVI, and gave it to me. It is now framed and in a very special place in my house, and over and over again she makes her intercession known.

As a single woman, I find I often need to flee to her perpetual help.

Holly Hall said...

Thank you for this site, Father. It is one of the rare blessings in disguise that we can find in the midst of this treacherous world. I will follow your blog as much as I can, and pray that Our Lady watches over you and all Redemptorists with loving care until we all arrive at the gates of eternity. Ah, may She be even nearer to us then!