Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Message and Prayer Request

Dear Friends,

I want to wish you all a blessed and holy Easter. The Paschal Mystery of death and resurrection is one we all encounter in our daily lives to a greater or lesser extent. If we allow God's grace to enter into our hearts we can be transformed in the great and the small here in this life so that we will one day share in the fullness of Redemption with Our Lady and all the saints.

I want to thank all of you who have prayed for my Dad, and once again I am asking you for your prayers for my him, Harold "Bill" Bailey. His doctor told us today that there isn't anything more they can do but keep him comfortable. I ask you to pray to the Divine Mercy and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, our Mother of Perpetual Help, that Dad will die in God's grace. My only regret is that Dad was never received into the Catholic Church though at times he expressed the desire. I would also ask you to pray that if he does so desire, this can happen before he dies.

Please know that I thank all of your for your prayers and best wishes. May the joy of the Resurrection fill your hearts and lives.

Fr. Scott Bailey, C.Ss.R.

No comments: